I have not had a break from school as long as this current one since last year at this time. Graduating with my BSW in May and starting graduate school the next semester meant that I only had two weeks between degrees and I had to take summer school. This winter/holiday break has been much needed and greatly awaited, however; I knew that I would need something to keep me busy. Part of this meant starting my new internship during the break. Another part meant assigning myself some busy work.
I have already finished some of my projects, of which I am fairly proud. The first was a project I found on Pinterest, entitled quilted patchwork bib. This one even included a pattern, to which I accredit most of my success as I have proven that I am pretty helpless without one. Because many of my friends are having babies and these bibs are made out of fabric scraps, the project was a win-win. I could get rid of my pile of fabric remnants while making presents for friends.
The next project I tackled was to make the glass jars we have been using for storage look a little less tacky. I was thinking of spray painting them as I have seen several DIY projects like this on Pinterest, but decided to use materials I had on hand instead. I simply found some paint that has been sitting in a closet for years and painted the tops of the jars to disguise what they originally held.